Thursday, April 12, 2012

War on Women

Politics are always ugly and because they are is the main reason I try not to get too involved.  Most the time reading about the happenings just makes my blood boil.  In the most recent events of the Presidential election of 2012 a "War on Women" was declared when Republicans and Democrats pointed fingers left and right at one another which ended in a comment, later reputed, by Democrat Hilary Rosen that attacked Ann Romney, wife of Mitt Romney.

Rosen stated, "What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country, saying, "Well you know, my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues, and when I listen to my wife,  that's what I am hearing."...Guess what?  His wife has actually never worked a day in her life."

Later apologizing, Rosen received a ton of backlash for her comments.

Speak from experience, my mother has been a house-wife just like Ann Romney her entire life.  I can tell you now, she is by far the most knowledgble person of recent events, laws, and politics I know.  She is the exact person Rosen was "profiling" if you will.  NOW, free speech comes into play.  Rosen has the right to say what see wants about any group of people she chooses, I am not disputing the fact.  However,  is there a line in which her free speech crossed that became inappropriate?  Do people have the right without the ethics to slander individuals as so?  I don't think so.



http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/11/politics/campaign-wrap/index.html?npt=NP1

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/politics/campaign-wrap/index.html?npt=NP1

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I don't think she had a right to say that. first of all, she does not have her facts straight. She should have found out ann's situation and what all being a stay at home mom entails!

    ReplyDelete